This is my list of random musings and discoveries from more or less the past week. I hope you find a smile in there somewhere.
1. It got up to 108 degrees on Monday. I don’t think anything else needs to be said about that.
2. I wish catnip made me feel the way it makes the cats feel. However, catnip tea, especially with a bit of honey and some cream, is quite tasty.
4. There is an amazing amount of stuff and people that will be just fine if whatever I do has nothing to do with it or them.
6. Fried green tomatoes can be a meal just by themselves. And Honey, they were good too!
7. I still like to freeze fruit juice in ice cube trays. It’s so good especially on these really hot days.
9. Egg cartons, tied shut, with treats inside them make great cat and dog toys. At least for a little while.
10. Who does have the best widgets for their toolbar, Google or Yahoo?
11. Jiffy Pop popcorn is as much fun to pop now as it was when I was a little girl.
13. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
If you’ve got thirteen things just begging to be listed, this is the place to do it: Thursday 13.