Old Altonian, whose writing I am quite fond of, gave me the Irresistably Sweet award. I am so complimented he enjoys my site and what I write down in it. His poems are fantastic, but my favorites are the Tales from Nether Afton, The Joe Magpie Stories. I do not think he could write too many of them.
Now, as I understand it, for this award one is to list seven pieces of information not commonly known about themself, and fifteen recommendations.
1. I am a frustrated artist. I always wanted to be able to draw. When I was in college, I took an Art class. Not quite two weeks in, the professor strongly suggested to me that I drop the class.
2. Long before there were any casinos there, one night I accidentally sunk a pick-up into Black Lake, in Louisiana. So far as I know, it's still in there.
3. I almost had a degree in Law. But just after starting my last year, it dawned on me that it was not what I really wanted to do. So I left school and for the next two years banded and counted birds in various research projects.
4. I have an older brother that I have absolutely no idea where is or what has happened to him.
5. I love playing Angry Birds on my iPad.
6. I used to be a storm chaser. Years ago, before it was all the rage with TV shows and movies about it.
7. I have a scar on my leg I got when scrambling over a fence, to avoid being squashed between it and the hippo I was feeding.
My fifteen recommendations, (I suppose Altonian would might yell if I re-nominated him, even though he'd truly be my first choice):
1. Colleen even tries to find something nice to say about my awful poetry.
2. Ibeati always reminds me to count my blessings, and his beautiful pictures always make me smile.
3. The Gal Herself, underneath her tough exterior, she is sweet...because she cares, and she cares about the animals.
7. Simple Catholic Living
8. Daisy the Curly Cat
9. Marg's Pets
12. Hannah and Lucy
14. Fuzzy Tails