Monday, July 4, 2011

A Poem for Thought

 

I have not been feeling good and my sinuses have been driving me crazy.  My son wrote this poem and would really like some opinions on it.  So please, we’d appreciate knowing what you think of it.  Thank you.

 

Today Shall Not Live in Infamy

One fine morning like all fine mornings

Misses awoke before her husband and children

Fixed breakfast to their perfection

Mister and Children eat and leave

With his children to school, on his path to work

Air raid sirens begin to blare

Some ran down sidewalks to shelter, many walk

More ignored them as mister did

It’s just another drill

Buttons are pushed, keys are turned, and codes are entered

Huddled around a radio, the west coast is gone!

The lights flicker, thunder is in the distance

Too late it is no longer a drill

A flash of light and eternity is reached

Infamy is eradicated

6 comments:

  1. wow I'd say your son is talented.A very interesting heartfelt poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering how old your son is. I ask because the poem's thesis would fit more into the 1960's than today. Apart from limited terrorism, 21st. century conflicts will be on the economic/financial front. That said, this is obviously written from the heart, and shows a deep concern. I like the way he has tied the affairs of a common-place family into a world shattering event. If he is new to prose poetry, I would like to see more of his work before mundanely commenting on structure and syntax and punctuation. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing as Altonian, although I was thinking it was back in the 1940s with all of the air raids. I had visions of those documentary clips taken in England during WW2.
    Very well written.
    *I hope you are feeling better*

    ReplyDelete
  4. bless both father and son.

    keep us inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello: Happy Weekend!

    Write anything coming to your mind based on the image we provide for week 5,
    Share with us.

    Bless you,
    Hope to read your entry.
    Cheers.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Hi :-) Thank you for your time and your interest.