Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday Thirteen: Thirteen Things from May 2011

In no particular order, they are:

1.  There were less tornadoes in May than there were in April - thankfully.

2.  Memorial Day is not a good day to go to a popular golf course.  Especially if its been a while since you've played golf.

3.  Steven posted a new video of July 28th, 2009 - James W Dalton Highway, Alaska  Yea!  He's one of the two really neat guys that are Global Bikers.  And with people already complaining of the heat, and its only May, Alaska was an even more welcome oasis.

4.  Memorial Day, and remembering not only my Daddy and Uncle, but all the men and women who gave everything for us.

5.  "Spring" now lasts for about 36 hours, and can go from 21 degrees in the morning (at 5:00am) to 96 degrees in the afternoon (at 3:30pm), all in the same day.

6.  After all the time I spent chasing storms and tornadoes, all I really had to do was just stop and stay at home.  Because, now they come to me.

7.  That guy I initially thought was a jerk, is a jerk.

8.  I don't care how easy he makes it look, my Beef Wellington will never ever be like Gordon Ramsey's Beef Wellington.  And I'm now okay with that.

9.  Harley, Secret Agent 007.5 is a very cute Double Oh Agent.

10.  Hamburgers really do taste better when cooked on the grill.

11.  Spooky movies can still make me have nightmares.

12.  The cake really is a lie.

13.  Oh, and there was something in the news about some guy named bin Laden ;-D





9 comments:

  1. Your list is fun to read. #5 made me laugh. You really embody the original idea behind Thirteen Thursday, which was founded by Leanne Wildermuth in 2005. I've been doing it since then! And you're right, it's harder and harder to find active bloggers who want to visit each other. http://looseleafnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about grilled burgers!

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/06/thirteen-facts-about-hurricanes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cool digest of May, there. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heat? I wish! I'm still having to run my furnace now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the grilled burgers and spring, to be sure. Sorry to hear about #7.

    Happy TT,



    ~Xakara

    13 Paragraphs K. Troutte

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made Harley's furry chest swell with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool list.
    Re #7: They always are. Trust your gut.

    Pass the burgers, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #4 made my throat close up a little. My dad and my uncle ... EXACTLY. And this is my first Memorial Day without my uncle, who was such a proud Viet Nam vet. So I appreciated your mentioning the important vets in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty fun list from May, and a great idea for a post. That would, however, require me to remember what has taken place in a month, which can be challenging at times!!

    We have yet to really get any warmth to our spring here in the Pacific Northwest, and I don't have a lot of faith that we'll see 96 degrees any time soon. I don't think we've made it to 80 yet... maybe one day?!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete

Hi :-) Thank you for your time and your interest.