Old Altonian, whose writing I am quite fond of, gave me the Irresistably Sweet award. I am so complimented he enjoys my site and what I write down in it. His poems are fantastic, but my favorites are the Tales from Nether Afton, The Joe Magpie Stories. I do not think he could write too many of them.
Now, as I understand it, for this award one is to list seven pieces of information not commonly known about themself, and fifteen recommendations.
1. I am a frustrated artist. I always wanted to be able to draw. When I was in college, I took an Art class. Not quite two weeks in, the professor strongly suggested to me that I drop the class.
2. Long before there were any casinos there, one night I accidentally sunk a pick-up into Black Lake, in Louisiana. So far as I know, it's still in there.
3. I almost had a degree in Law. But just after starting my last year, it dawned on me that it was not what I really wanted to do. So I left school and for the next two years banded and counted birds in various research projects.
4. I have an older brother that I have absolutely no idea where is or what has happened to him.
5. I love playing Angry Birds on my iPad.
6. I used to be a storm chaser. Years ago, before it was all the rage with TV shows and movies about it.
7. I have a scar on my leg I got when scrambling over a fence, to avoid being squashed between it and the hippo I was feeding.
My fifteen recommendations, (I suppose Altonian would might yell if I re-nominated him, even though he'd truly be my first choice):
1. Colleen even tries to find something nice to say about my awful poetry.
2. Ibeati always reminds me to count my blessings, and his beautiful pictures always make me smile.
3. The Gal Herself, underneath her tough exterior, she is sweet...because she cares, and she cares about the animals.
7. Simple Catholic Living
8. Daisy the Curly Cat
9. Marg's Pets
12. Hannah and Lucy
14. Fuzzy Tails
That is such a nice award. A big congratulations to you. We sure do appreciate you giving it to us. It was fun learning all those different facts about you and your family. Too bad you can't get together with your brother. Thanks again.ReplyDelete
Those are some interesting things about you! My Mommeh has always wished she could be an artist, but she is No Good at anything artistic.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your award, and thank you for thinking of me, too!
Congratulations on your award, that's awesome! And thanks for including us on your list (Fuzzy Tales...We're logged in under the mom's account right now).ReplyDelete
We're on holiday right now, but hope we can get the mom to post it when we're back!
-Nicki and Derry
Wow you went to some very exciting places.ReplyDelete
Kwee thanks for the award it is my first one. I will have the post for Monday.
Thank you for this award - we are still a little tired from our party but will try to get our heads together over the weekend.ReplyDelete
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx
I enjoy your posting these interesting things! I can identify with #1&3.ReplyDelete
An Award- how great for you!
I appreciate the mention and will check out others! Thanks.
You have some great not-yet told stories there. A sunken vehicle? A hippo?ReplyDelete
Thank you for the award! Posted and passed along.
Congrats on such a nice award!That was some very interesting stuff about you!!! Hey, thanks for sharing the award with me, I am honored!ReplyDelete
Congratulations to you for this award.ReplyDelete
It was very sweet of you for passing this on to me. :)
Will pass it on soon. :)
You know, several of those could be expanded into entire posts.ReplyDelete
Thank you for the "sweet" award;ReplyDelete
we'll try to get it posted to Z
this coming week!
I'm thrilled and the timing is so right as I am beginning the next xchapter in part time work..thank youReplyDelete
Thank you! I AM smiling. I lost track on my way over last week. I love reading your list. Reminds me of 100 Things About Me which I did years ago and still have on my sidebar. After 6 years blogging, I'm not sure there is anything new to say about me!ReplyDelete
I will check out some of the blogs you listed.
Wow! Thanks for thinking of us here. It was really fun to read the 7 things about yourself. Hope you have a wonderful day!ReplyDelete